Did you know that one in four people have lost a piece of jewelry on vacation?
This is an alarming statistic and makes a valuable case for protecting your belongings while travelling. Whether it’s jewelry, souvenirs, or really any item with monetary or sentimental value there are key steps you can and should take.
Perfect Circle Jewelry Insurance and the Sacramento Bee recently provided great advice to protect jewelry while travelling. Follow these tips to protect your valuables:
- Choose wisely. Pack light and take only the jewelry you’ll wear while traveling and at your destination.
- Make a list. List all the jewelry you’ll take with you. Make two copies. Take one copy with you and store it separately from your jewelry. Leave the other copy at home.
- Carry it on. Never put jewelry in checked bags.
- Keep it with you. Put your jewelry in a favorite bag you’ll carry while traveling. Don’t leave your jewelry in an unattended car or suitcase. When checking into your hotel or condo, don’t hand your jewelry bag to hotel staff. Carry it personally.
- Use the safe. Always store jewelry in the in-room safe when you’re not wearing it.
To read more click here